Milonguero Style Tango: Tomas Howlin (Montreal) is a Milonguero Maestro dancing here with Shorey Myers.
Notes for the leader: Notice how Tomas:
- Expresses care and gentleness in each move.
- Is not in a rush, nor does he rush the follower. He waits for her to finish her movement.
- Leads each move with the intent of an ‘invitation’, rather than forcing the follower to move a certain way. Therefore, if at times the follower did not ‘read’ your lead correctly or you made a mistake, a good leader is able to reconnect through weight changes or awareness.
- Leads with clarity and non-hesitation.
- Has Musicality. This makes his dance fun and enjoyable.
- Does not look at the follower’s feet. He has cultivated a complete awareness of where she is (i.e., which leg has her weight at all times).